The White Plains Hospital Limb Preservation Program, part of the Carl Weber, M.D. Wound Care Center, builds on a more than 25-year legacy of providing personalized, compassionate and comprehensive care to those with complex and non-healing wounds of the arms and legs.
Our goal is simple: to prevent limb loss using the latest advancements and technology so that patients can regain maximum mobility, return to work and activities, and maintain their quality of life. The Program is based in a new state-of-the-art setting on the 9th floor of the Center for Advanced Medicine & Surgery on the White Plains Hospital campus.
In addition to Wound Care physicians, it is our dedicated team of multi-disciplinary specialists that sets the Limb Preservation Program at White Plains Hospital apart from others in the region. These include experts in vascular surgery, hyperbaric medicine, infectious diseases, podiatry, orthopedics, plastic surgery, endocrinology, and more.
Specially trained nurse practitioners, nurses, physical therapists, technicians, pedorthists and prosthetists support Wound Care specialists and assist in all aspects of your care. Other services include physical therapy, radiation therapy, diabetic education and nutritional counseling. Brand-new hyperbaric oxygen therapy rooms, surgical suites, advanced imaging and infusion services are also located in the Center for Advanced Medicine & Surgery, promoting easy coordination of services and convenient access and scheduling for our patients, all in one place, and close to home.
Our on-site services include:
- Hyperbaric medicine
- Advanced Wound Treatments
- On-site cardiology and vascular testing
- Non-invasive and invasive vascular interventions
- Tertiary care (at Hospital)
To learn more call 914-681-2430
Meet our Medical Director
Dr. Joseph Cavorsi
, Medical Director of the Carl Weber Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Nearly 30 Years’ Experience in Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Former Medical Director of The Princeton Wound Care Center
- Attending Board Certified General Surgeon at White Plains Hospital
- Physician Certified in Wound Care
- Founder, Former President and CEO of the Center for Advanced Wound Care in Reading, PA
- Principle Investigator in over 20 FDA sanctioned randomized controlled clinical studies in wound care
- Authored numerous peer reviewed journal articles on minimally invasive venous surgery, growth factor therapies and regenerative medicine using skin equivalents